It's not just another manic Monday because this is the day that the Lord has made. Therefore we must rejoice and be glad! :)
Here's something that changed my perspective on Mondays - from dreading for them to come to being excited for the blessings that they will bring. ♥
Five Reasons Why I Thank God It's Monday:
(from John C. Maxwell's Meditations for Leaders)
1. The journey is as much fun as arriving at the destination. Anticipation is as exciting as realization - planning as delightful as producing. Christmas is fun long before December 25. Vacations are fun before packing the car and saying goodbye to the neighbors. Likewise, Monday is the beginning of a new venture - it's the start of another journey!
2. You have the opportunity for a fresh, new start. Last week's mistakes can be corrected this week. Last week's sorrow can become this week's joy. You have another chance to do right. Monday morning is the only time you can stand and say, "So far this week I haven't made a mistake." It's the day you can write on a clean sheet of paper all the things you want to accomplish for the entire week.
3. You have the opportunity to dream new dreams and set new goals. Many goals are not reached in a day. If you start running on Monday morning, perhaps you'll arrive at your designated destination by the end of the week - or month.
4. Monday is the day you enter into the arena of action. It's time to see if your game plan will really work. It's like the opening tip-off of a basketball game. It's the day to experience the thrill of new action.
5. Monday is a reminder that life is really giving and loving. On the weekend you have lived for yourself. You have indulged in doing "your thing". Monday morning you are awakened to the fact that no individual is an island. The greatest joys in life come to us when we serve others.
As for me, Monday morning means nourishing teaching after the worship. And today's teaching, given by Tito Eric Ylagan, is about the Four Laws of God's Blessings (read: serving others). See how consistent our God is? :)
Here you go:
1. Our blessings must flow out to others. (Genesis 12:2)
2. When we bless others, God will take care of our needs. (Luke 18)
3. Our blessing to others will come back to us (because God cannot be out-given). (Luke 6:38)
4. The more we're blessed by God, the more we are expected to help others. (Luke 12)
Mondays are blessings from the Lord. Let's use our Mondays conscientiously in order to bless (and serve) others. :)
|Happy 1st Monday of Marvelous March! ♥ Here's a little reminder of yesterday's Gospel. :)|