Everything happens for a reason. Indeed. :)
Today, I should have gone to Mt. Sembrano and have a great view of Laguna Lake.
Or, I should have attended the second to the last Cornerstone session in Kabisig.
Or, I should have worked overtime to finish my pending projects.
But today, I woke up later than the call time for the hike because my phone didn't alarm (because it was turned off, thanks to the ever-reliable battery).
I was in pain the whole morning until late in the afternoon (dysmenorrhea again).
I was having headaches, mood swings, and just not in the right condition to work.
It's the first of March, and it's the time of the month, unfortunately... or so I thought. :)
While I have to deal with this monthly sickness, I have come to realize that it's actually a gift from the Lord! And so I thank God for the "red days" (read: period) because of the following reasons:
1. It's what makes me who I am - a woman created in the image and likeness of God, a princess and daughter of the King.
2. It gives me a break. We all need one. :)
3. It excites me of my vocation - to be a wife and a mother (in that order). I don't know but every period is truly a reminder for me of the miracle of life. ♥
4. It makes me stay at home and nurture my relationship with my family. Because I can't go out, I have all the time to discuss family concerns with my parents. :)
5. It allows me to be updated - because I got to watch the news, check my social media pages, read interesting articles online.
And today is special because aside from the five reasons listed above, God has also blessed me with the following:
1. Opportunity to sponsor lunch to Cornerstone volunteers Kuya Don and Julie
2. Laughter and an appreciation of the Philippine culture because of Eat Bulaga
3. Inspiration and joy through blogging and reminiscing
4. A list of 14 movies that I must watch this year :D (in no particular order)
- Son of God
- Heaven Is For Real
- Noah (and because it stars Russell Crowe)
- Blended (Just because its Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore! :D Oh how I love them both!)
- The Fault In Our Stars
- Non-Stop (because it's Liam Neeson! :D)
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- The Expendables 3 (because I've seen the first two and there's Jason Statham! :D)
- A Long Way Down (because I also love Pierce Brosnan)
- The Pretty One
- Camp Takota
- Winter's Tale
Today, God wants me to know that how bad things may look right now means nothing, - it's how good they can be with God's help that counts.
Thank You and I Love You Too, Lord! ♥