(Sing to the tune of "Lord, Patawad!")
Kahit ako'y makasalanan
Patuloy Mong pinagpapala
This has been my song for the past few weeks. There's just a lot of seemingly unfortunate events that happened. And if one is not grateful enough, it's easier to complain and just wish for better circumstances. But Paul reminds us in his letter to the Thessalonians to be grateful at all times. Indeed, all it takes to still feel good about your present situations is an attitude of gratitude - seeing things in a positive way, counting your blessings instead of focusing on your loss. One needs to be grateful in order to realize how much he is loved, blessed, and favored by the Lord. Because with our faith, it's not really about "to see is to believe" but more of "to believe is to see".
So here goes my gratitude list:
1. Thank You for the gift of today. I've got a brand new day, and to that I say, "hooray for today!" Seriously.
2. Thank You for the gift of sleep. I badly need it.
3. Thank You for the gift of rest. Not just in the form of sleep, but in any other form of relaxation and freedom from work. The list includes food tripping, watching a movie, witnessing sunrises and sunsets, travelling to a new place (like Cagayan De Oro), and laughing so hard with the people I love.
4. Thank You for the gift of family, friends, and loved ones - everyone I am in a relationship with. They make the world a better place, and life much easier to handle.
5. Thank You for the gift of community. I may get frustrated at times, disappointed with people, but I cannot discount the fact that I've gained some of my best friends here, and of course the nourishment I get is priceless.
6. Thank You for the gift of work. You know my complaints, Lord. But You also know how thankful I am for my teammates, my boss, and my job itself. I am humbled having realized that there's still a lot that I need to learn, and at the same time challenged and motivated to make a difference and leave a legacy.
7. Thank You for the gift of Lolo Claudio. He has gone back to You and we are missing him every single day. But Thank You for giving me the privilege to know and be able to spend more than three years with such a great man. Thank You also for Mamang, and the Laureta and Fernandez families for always making me feel a part of them.
8. Thank You for the gift of healing and financial support. I'm thanking You in advance, Father, because I know You will restore Papa's health. The pneumonia, the asthma, and the heart problems are nothing compared to the greatness of Your mercy, love, and grace. It is a tough time for my family, but with You, we can get through this victoriously. Thank You for sending us people who generously offer prayers and financial support. Thank You for the CFC Vista Verde Chapter headed by Tito Edmar and Tita Tin for sharing their treasures to aid us in Papa's medicines. Thank You for Dr. Rey Mariano, who has been taking really good care of Papa.
Most of all, dearest Father, thank You for the gift of our relationship - You, my ever-loving, ever-merciful Father who gives me everything I need and so much more - and I, Your beloved princess and daughter - sinner, weak, unfaithful, unworthy - yet blessed, forgiven, and loved to the core of my being.
"Thank You" is never enough. But Thank You is all I can say...
... and I love You too, Lord! ♥
... and I love You too, Lord! ♥