"To be God's best at all times, one must be one with God and actualizing your own uniqueness through behavior, values, and actions."
One of the workshops that I attended during the 21st SFC International Conference was really about learning to become God's best.
Admittedly, I am very critical of whoever speaks in front. More often than not, I have this thing called "prove to me you're worth my time" syndrome. And yes, Ms. Anna Esperanza has proven herself to be very credible and worthy to spend hours listening to. :)
And because I learned so much from her (and her passion is to help others become their better selves), I'm paying it forward by sharing the knowledge that I gained from the workshop. The following bits and pieces are taken from my notes while Ms. Anna was talking about Personality Plus!
- "Who do you say I am?"
- Personal branding = company branding
- Personal branding is important because we are already in the social media age.
- Everything you post online can either make you or break you.
- People judge on the following bases:
- 7% verbal (words, vocabulary, slang, jargon) - thus, managing emotions is very important!
- 38% vocal (tone, volume, emphasis, speed, pitch)
- 55% non-verbal (facial expressions, eye contact, gestures, personal distance, posture, walk)
- The value of non-verbal communication during the first moments of a meeting is priceless.
- Our job title plus our line of profession does not define who we are, but are actions at work do. What really matters is not the task itself but how we execute the task.
- Personal branding is not just simply recruitment and/or image management. It is other's perception of you plus what people say about you.
- You need to stand out in a set of similar products. Make yourself a cut above the rest:
- Innovate (and contribute to the company; in doing so, make sure that all your contributions are measurable)
- Be indispensable. Nobody is insignificant. Manifest your significance.
- Update your skills. Take time to learn something new.
- Associate. Create a good network.
- Sell yourself. Advocate for yourself. But don't hard sell.
- Your true purpose is to become your own unique self, and to actualize your unique self.
Four Aspects of Self Actualization:
- Being all you can be.
- Living your full potential.
- Honoring your uniqueness.
- Living a life with passion.
Steps Towards Self Actualization
- Build self-esteem
- Follow your compass rose (spiritual guidance)
- Breakdown your sins, blocks, and challenges
- Have a good relationship boundaries (Nobody can hurt you unless you allow them to!)
- Define your image
- Others see you as...
- Mind the gap
- Identify blockers
Self-awareness is the key! You have to know your...
- Passion and purpose (have your own mission and vision)
- Gifts, Talents, and Skills
- Intrapersonal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence (capacity to emphatize, to relate)
- Spiritual Intelligence
- Core Values
- Physical / Body Image (Dress up for the job you want!)
Heart + Soul
- Are you communicating your brand statement effectively?
- Are you speaking to the right target market? (Every opportunity is a networking opportunity.)
- Is your image good news or bad news?
- Do you need to re-brand yourself?
- Determine Your Emotional Appeal
- How do you make people feel?
- What are the benefits of working with you?
- Positive Traits People Describe You
- Always have 3 positive traits that best describes you
- "60 Seconds And You're Hired!"
- Determine Your Description
- Target Audience
- Describe your work (in a measurable manner)
- Industry you see yourself in (your description should be aligned to it)
- Determine Your Function
- Service you offer
- Your unique selling position
Combination of our external and internal qualities
Intensity of these qualities
Our UNIQUENESS as a person
Mind + Values + Experiences + Upbringing = YOU
Celebrate your uniqueness! Get the message out!
- Business card
- Professional email
- Manage your social media presence
- Update and submit customized resumes
- Portfolio (document accomplishments)
How To Motivate Others: Affirm. Correct. Affirm. (in that order)
How To Motivate Yourself:
- Maintain a List of Things to Accomplish and List of Rewards. For every accomplished task, give yourself a little reward.
- Think of what is "second nature" (as natural as breathing) to you. Pursue it.
We say that life is God's gift to us and that the way we live our lives is our gift to Him. I say, life is God's best gift to us, the greatest expression of His love, and the best way to love Him back is to become the best that we can be, that in everything we do, in all our being, God's greatness is manifested, God is glorified. :)