Skip to main content

Labor Day Honor List ♥

I've done tons of projects in my life but one I consider the biggest (so far) is our wedding. 😍 Yey! Finally, I'm sharing about it after five months!!! 😊

To be honest, I still feel like it just happened yesterday. And until now, I'm still overwhelmed at how the Lord worked through the people around us to make it such a beautiful occasion. It wasn't my "dream" wedding. But it's everything that I needed it to be. ❤️

And so today, on Labor Day, and on the Feast of St. Joseph the Worker, allow us to honor the beautiful souls who worked so hard to make our wedding as perfect as it could be.

Ceremony and Reception: Sta. Maria Della Strada Parish Church
Thanks to Ate Tere and everyone in the Parish Office! And of course to Rev. Fr. Dante Martinez for saying yes to be our officiating priest. 😊

We will always remember your advice, Fr. Dante. ❤️

Flowers: L&R Flowershop
Thanks to Ryan and his team for accommodating all our requests. They were highly recommended by our caterer (we'll get to them later) and we did not regret getting them. For me the best part was being able to reuse the flowers from the church to the reception (the perks of having the ceremony and the reception in one location 😁). Nothing was wasted. 😍 And by the way, our mothers still have and still use their abanikos! They loved it very much. ❤️

I am also in love with my bouquet. 😍
Mother Rivah and sibs!!! Thank you all! It was truly an honor for us to have you sing at our wedding. Actually, naiyak na ako when I heard Ate Belle and Kuya Rommel sing Pananatili. Iba kayo, Gojo siblings! ♥

My favorite singers. ❤️

They offer affordable, elegant wedding rings and accessories, with a lifetime warranty and free cleaning! Paolo also bought the engagement ring from them. 😊

Thanks to our angels who saved us from the horror caused by our original supplier (whose name I will never mention). Thanks to my brother who did everything he could to fix the layout and to Jazz who worked overtime to meet our deadline. 😊

Basic paraphernalia 😊

Caterer (including Crew Meals) and Stylist: Cooking Pot Catering Services
Sir Melvin and Ms. Lulu are a power couple! They were not just our suppliers, but they have also become our friends. They always remind us to keep calm and just surrender everything to the Lord. Frankly speaking, our biggest concern was actually food! We're worried about not having enough for everyone, we're worried about people starving for whatever reason. And what a relief it was for us to hear nothing but good comments about our food. Thanks to Sir Melvin and Ms. Lulu who made sure everyone will be satisfied and no one will go hungry. (In fact, ang reklamo nga nila e masyado raw silang nabusog! Haha.) Additional points for them for achieving the "homey" setup that we requested. Our hearts and tummies are full! ♥ By the way, they also provided the Lights and Sounds, so yes, less worries for us. 😊

We were so "at home." ❤️

When I learned that Shezha bakes, I already thought of hiring her to bake our wedding cake. 😊 Syempre "love your own!" ♥ But more than just supporting a friend's budding business, we really fell in love with her baked goodies! Everything I tasted was heavenly, especially the chocolate caramel moist cake! So without hesitations, we booked her, and we're so glad we did!

Yummy chocolate caramel on the inside. 😋

Best and most affordable location if you're also planning to get married at Della Strada. It's a basic hotel with all the essentials. It doesn't have the amenities that people usually look for a photo shoot (no pool, no windows with a breathtaking view), but again, it has the basic essentials. And if you know us and if you've gone to our wedding, you would agree that we like to keep things basic (aka simple, easy). ♥

Preparing for a wedding is less stressful when you have your lovely girls with you. ❤️

Photo and Video: Rico Resurreccion and SFC Brothers from the South
I met Rico at work and I find his shots fascinating! His Instagram page is such a beauty! So when I learned that he does wedding photography, I told Paolo about it, and after several deliberations, we decided to hire him. We've gone to different bridal fairs and expos and met a lot of awesome suppliers (yep, especially photographers and videographers). People have been telling us to invest in photo and video because "yun na lang ang matitira sa inyo." And we agree. That's why we got someone we know personally, we're comfortable working with, and we're confident would give us the most touching, most soulful souvenirs. 😊And we made the right decision. ♥ We haven't uploaded the photos yet because we still want to cherish them. Yung feeling na sobrang ganda, gusto mo lang i-keep for yourself. Honestly, I really get emotional every time I look at the photos, and even now that I'm writing this long overdue "thank you" post. Again, thanks to Rico and his team for capturing the memories we would keep in our hearts forever.

Thank you, bros! ❤️

Bridal Gown, Groom's Suit, Parents' Attire: Bridesdream
We met them at a Bridal Fair and they offer the most reasonably-priced package. 😊 CJ even went the extra mile to add some beads on our gowns because the package that we got, was again, the most basic, with no laces and beads and all the glittery stuff. 😁 So yes, we super appreciate all their hard work. ❤️


I chose this photo because it's cute. Hihi. At syempre super game ang parents ko. 😂

Entourage Dresses: Tela at Moda
What I love most about Tela at Moda is THEY HAVE EVERYTHING! Yes, parang SM lang! Haha. Seriously. We were looking for a supplier who can provide everything else - female entourage dresses, flower girl dresses, neckties and suspenders, flower crowns - and thank God we found Klarissa, who also provided my robe! The quality is superb, the price is just right, and we loved how beautiful they all turned out to be! Our entourage (especially the kids) loved their dresses, too! Thank you so much, Klarissa! ♥

We so love this photo and the people in it. ❤️

Yep, we have this much kids entourage. 😁 At wala kaming matinong picture sa kanila. 😂

Bridal HMUA: Anne Garcia
Hayyy. I think this deserves a separate post. 😂 Seriously, Anne and I have a long history which traces back in 2015, during my best friend's wedding. At that time, I was still single and she told me that I will soon have a boyfriend. Guess what? In that wedding, I was reunited with a friend from college, who eventually became my husband. 😍 I really believe that words have power. That's why I super love Anne! She also did my makeup for another friend's wedding in 2017. During that time, I told her I'm just waiting for my boyfriend's proposal (😁), to which she replied, "magpo-propose na yan! Next gig natin wedding mo na." 😍 I held on to those words, until they became a reality. 😊 See, Anne is not just your ordinary makeup artist, she's also a prophet. Haha. But more than that, she's a good friend who is a constant source of joy, hope, and positivity. 😊 I love you, Anne!!! ❤️ Thank you! 😘

The only one who touches my eyebrows. 😁😁😁

Entourage HMUA: Kayren Andres | Christine Dorothy Mamalio
I met Kayren at a college friend's wedding and I also liked her style and aura. Lakas din maka-good vibes. ❤️ And Chai is an angel to the rescue! We're really grateful that she helped the Tweet2 ladies look more fabulous. 😍

For your hair and makeup needs, we highly recommend these three lovely women: Anne, Kayren, and Chai ❤️

Plant Souvenirs: Gardenista.ph
Another supplier that we met at a Bridal Fair, and we're so happy that our plants are still alive to this day. 😁 Thank you, Florence for delivering the plants all the way from Bulacan! 😍

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! ❤️

Entourage Tokens: Human Nature | My SkinCare Story | Francis Macaspac
We wanted to give something useful, economical, and local. So we gave out goodies from Human Nature, oatmeal soaps from Mel of MySkinCare Story, and handmade fashionable eco bags by Francis Macaspac. For the record, we're also using those items. We've embraced the advocacy to support local brands and go natural long before we got married. 😊

Goodies!!! 😍

Thanks to my brother for the sticker layout. 😊

Not your ordinary eco bag. 😊

Bridal Car: Potpot (aka Paolo's Car :D)
Thank God hindi siya sinumpong. Haha. 😁

Sitting comfortably on my favorite vintage car. 😁

Hosts: Sidh Ursua and Mel Calupig
My brothers!!! Thank you for saying yes!!! You guys are the best. I love you both and you know that! By the way, both of them are eligible bachelors. And yes, binebenta ko na sila. Haha. But seriously, I am forever grateful for my SFC family. Walang iwanan! 😊

Thank you, my dear household!!! My Ates also helped in making sure everybody has a place in the reception and everyone got their tokens. Thank you, dear sisters! ❤️

On-the-day Coordinators: KC Vergara-Limpin and Kat Cagalpin
We didn't really hire coordinators because we know we have friends who could help. Thank God they said yes. 😊 We also honor their partners in life who were supportive from start to end. ❤️ Thanks, Pioneer friends! 😘

TeamBA represent! ❤️

And that concludes our "partial" honor list. I say partial because we can never really thank everybody enough for making our big day truly a celebration to remember! Thank you to EVERYONE who was part of it in any way. Again, WE ARE FOREVER GRATEFUL!!! ❤️ To our families, friends, ninongs and ninangs, mass servers, entourage... all of you who said YES to us... THANK YOU! THANK GOD FOR YOU! ❤️❤️❤️

Your labor is honored. And your love is treasured in our hearts always and forever. 😊

Thank you and we love you all!!! 😘😘😘

-Mr. and Mrs. Santos-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Lupang Hinirang

Every Filipino knows Lupang Hinirang (though some know it better as " Bayang Magiliw "). How can you not know it when it is the national anthem of the Philippines? But do we really mean the lyrics that we sing? Do we understand it in the first place?  Photo Credit:  http://diazi.ism-online.org This video has gone viral weeks ago. This afternoon, I shared it to my teammates, and one commented, "Yun pala yun . Ngayon ko lang naintindihan."   He immediately downloaded it and converted to MP3.   So for those who have not seen it, once again, here is Joey Ayala's version of Lupang Hinirang. And I agree, you would never want to sing it in another way. (But that's just me. :D) This rendition is simply beautiful. Truly Filipino. :) Of course that doesn't mean we need to revise our national anthem but maybe we can consider about correcting the way we sing it (read: proper pronunciation). Read more about the Philippine National Anthem here .

Jesus Week 2015: A Time To HEAL ♥

I had the best, most meaningful HOLY WEEK ever, so far (the best is yet to come!). :) Thanks to Joy who shared the Jesus Week poster on Facebook. It was God's personal invitation, and I couldn't thank Him enough for the grace that He also gave me to respond. Everything is grace. It was not just my personal decision to join. It was God's grace that allowed me to.  So how did it go? Well, as what I have told my friends, it was amazingly beautiful! The experience was priceless! On Holy Monday, I posted Fr. Jerry Orbos' acronym for HOLY WEEK . I experienced all of that and more! :)  I won't be able to share everything as there is just a lot of personal, intimate encounters with the Lord. But if I were to summarize, it was a time for me to HEAL. :)  H alt . Indeed, I was able to stop and just rest in the Lord. Before leaving Manila, I have already told myself that this retreat will be all about Jesus ( Jesus Week nga e :D ). No emails, no texts, no calls. I

Thank You, Lord! :)

It has been a long and stressful day (the past three days have been lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng and stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssful), but You are just so amazing, Lord that I couldn't sleep without telling You how grateful I am. :) Thank You, Lord for the miracle that You did yesterday. Break even and more. :) Thank You, Lord for the laughter and stories shared during the post-mission meeting with Team Thailand. :) Team Thailand - Princesses from SFC Metro Manila :) Thank You, Lord for Lawrence. He is just the (almost) perfect man. He has his flaws, but they are acceptable; he makes mistakes, but they are all forgivable. There are a lot of men but there can never be anyone else. He's really the one. And You know it very well. :) ♥ Nemo. Love. ♥ Thank You, Lord for giving me strength and endurance each day. :) Thank You, Lord for the short but restful sleeps. :) Thank You, Lord for every waking moment and every opportunity that You give

The Holy Spirit*

*Cluster 4 Household Topic Reflections from John 15:26-16:4 True friendship is strengthened in adversity. Jesus offers His disciples the best and truest of friends. Who is this promised friend?  Jesus calls the Holy Spirit our Counselor and Advocate (also translated Paraclete or Helper). Counselor is a legal term for the one who will defend someone against an adversary and who guides that person during the ordeal of trial. The Holy Spirit is our Advocate and Helper who brings us safely through the challenges and adversities we must face in this life. As Jesus approaches the hour that He was to be glorified - through His death on the cross and His resurrection - He revealed more fully to His disciples the person and the role of the Holy Spirit. What does Jesus tell us about the Holy Spirit?  First, the Holy Spirit is inseparably one with the Father and the Son. It is the Holy Spirit who gives life - the very life of God - and who kindles faith in hearts receptive

Interesting Facts Courtesy of Celebrity Bluff :)

I was writing a different post, but Celebrity Bluff  is just so fun and informative, I had to stop from blogging to list down the fun facts that I learn from each round. :)  Thought it would be nice to share them here as well. For future reference. :D  Q: In 2012, what kind of animal was named after Beyonce? A: Horse Fly Q: What rare job in China will pay you US$50,000 a year?  A: Fart Smeller Q: What alcoholic drink literally means "water of life"? A: Whisky   Q: In which part of the body can you find the tragus? A: Ear Q: According to Merriam-Webster, what is the female equivalent of dude? A: Dudine Q: What is longer in the male turtles than in the females?  A: Nails And the final question is... Q:  According to Box Office Mojo   what are the top four (4) movies of 2013 according to global profit? A: (1) Iron Man 3, (2) Despicable Me 2, (3) Fast and the Furious 6 (4) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire That's all