Skip to main content

Angels on Earth ♥


Yesterday was special. 

I woke up with an aching stomach and a painful back - what's new? :) It took me a while to leave because I really wasn't feeling well. 

Thank God I didn't have to wait too long to get a ride. I got off at Ermin Garcia and started walking to 20th Ave. When I passed by TIP, someone came from behind to hug me. It was Renzy, fellow SFC from East A. I really appreciate hugs especially these days.

I had a typical day at work with the usual calls, texts, and emails that I have to respond to.

Thank God for the daily mass at 12 noon. Fr. Augustine once again shared a personal experience, this time, it was something that really hit me. Here's the story:

On his way to the Philippines, Fr. Augustine met a lady at the Bangkok International Airport. He noticed the lady because she was praying the Rosary. Fr. Augustine smiled at her, said "hi", sat beside her, and talked to her. When he was about to leave, the lady invited him for lunch. He said yes thinking that the lady would treat him. He ordered expensive food and desserts. When the waiter handed over the bill, the woman looked at it, gave it to Fr. Augustine, and asked him to pay for it. He was shocked and at first didn't want to pay for it. But the woman told him that she had no money because she had forgotten where she left it. She said her husband and children died in a car accident in the Philippines and because of grief and loneliness, she decided to travel around Asia. But during the whole trip, she had no sense of direction, she was lost and forgetful of things. It was only when she arrived at the airport, did she find out that she had no more money. And so she sat on a bench, prayed the Rosary and asked Mama Mary to send her a priest. It was then when Fr. Augustine came. He was wearing a clergy polo shirt. Then the woman asked Mama Mary, "if this is the priest who would help me, please let him smile." Then Fr. Augustine smiled and talked to her. It was the affirmation that Fr. Augustine was the answer to her prayer that time. Hearing her story, Fr. Augustine had no choice but to pay for that lunch. Then they boarded the plane to the Philippines. Before they parted ways the woman gave him a piece of paper with her contact number. She then told Fr. Augustine to contact her whenever he needs anything. 

Two weeks after, Fr. Augustine dialed the number that the woman gave. He was able to talk to the woman and for the second time, she invited him for lunch. He was hesitant at first but the woman assured him that it would be her treat. The woman fetch him and brought him to her home. Then he found out that the woman was very rich and that she did not lie to him back in Bangkok. Everything she said was true. Fr. Augustine told the woman, "I admire your faith. You are a true Catholic." He said if he were in the shoes of the woman, he would have approached the Immigration Officer, tell them that he is a priest, he lost his money, he is hungry, and he badly needs help. The woman, according to Fr. Augustine, did the right thing. She prayed. 

Fr. Augustine further said, "It is easy to say we believe in God. But it's hard to practice. When we face problems and difficulties in life, what do we do? Where do we go to? May we learn from that woman the simplicity of our faith. If we truly believe in God, then we won't panic, we won't fear, because the first thing we need to do is to just pray."

I went back to work re-energized because of the simple yet powerful homily. Then I received a text message from Mama: "Anak, tawagan mo ako." I knew there's something wrong so before dialing my mother's number, I breathed deeply and sighed, "Hay. Lord." In a cracked voice, Mama told me that Papa needs to be admitted due to mild stroke. I tried to be as calm as I could and I simply told Mama to follow the doctor's advice. As soon as I put down the phone, I went out of MIST and headed straight to the prayer room. I knelt before the cross and wept. See, Papa has been sick even before the MMC. His ECG results show that there is a blockage in his heart. He has bronchitis and he was advised to rest for a week (well, it has been more than that). I have my personal struggles, I face my own difficulties and the last thing that I need is another problem. So there I was, crying out everything to the Lord... in silence. Beside me was a sister who was praying the Rosary, and so I was careful not to distract her (and for her not to see me crying).

I left the prayer room as if nothing happened. The next time I went out, I saw another sister who invited me for fellowship. I told her I can't come because I need to go home early because of Papa. She understood and told me to let her know if there's anything I need. Then I headed to the restroom. When I came out, the first sister (the one praying the Rosary) approached me, embraced me, gave me a bill and said, "Narinig ko yung usapan niyo ni Ate ___, alam ko maliit lang yan pero sana makatulong. I will pray for your dad. Ano ngang name niya?"

I was in awe. What I felt was not the sister's embrace, what I heard was not her voice. Undeniably, it was God.

The workday was about to end when I received a call from my usual phone pals (Giada and Basti ♥). Like they always do, they sang songs and told me stories. But what struck me was when Giada prayed this:

Angel of God, my guardian dear
To whom God's love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide
Amen.

Then she ended with this:

"Oh my God, please bless me and make me good today. Amen."

I was crying and smiling at the same time. I knew it was God's way of assuring me that He is there, always there and that every detail of my life is nothing but a loving gesture from Him.

I have always believed in angels. They are messengers of hope, peace, and love. They are answers to our sincerest prayers. They come just in time. Angels are real. Because God's love is real! ♥

My guardian angel: St. Uriel, Archangel of Justice ♥

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Lupang Hinirang

Every Filipino knows Lupang Hinirang (though some know it better as " Bayang Magiliw "). How can you not know it when it is the national anthem of the Philippines? But do we really mean the lyrics that we sing? Do we understand it in the first place?  Photo Credit:  http://diazi.ism-online.org This video has gone viral weeks ago. This afternoon, I shared it to my teammates, and one commented, "Yun pala yun . Ngayon ko lang naintindihan."   He immediately downloaded it and converted to MP3.   So for those who have not seen it, once again, here is Joey Ayala's version of Lupang Hinirang. And I agree, you would never want to sing it in another way. (But that's just me. :D) This rendition is simply beautiful. Truly Filipino. :) Of course that doesn't mean we need to revise our national anthem but maybe we can consider about correcting the way we sing it (read: proper pronunciation). Read more about the Philippine National Anthem here .

Jesus Week 2015: A Time To HEAL ♥

I had the best, most meaningful HOLY WEEK ever, so far (the best is yet to come!). :) Thanks to Joy who shared the Jesus Week poster on Facebook. It was God's personal invitation, and I couldn't thank Him enough for the grace that He also gave me to respond. Everything is grace. It was not just my personal decision to join. It was God's grace that allowed me to.  So how did it go? Well, as what I have told my friends, it was amazingly beautiful! The experience was priceless! On Holy Monday, I posted Fr. Jerry Orbos' acronym for HOLY WEEK . I experienced all of that and more! :)  I won't be able to share everything as there is just a lot of personal, intimate encounters with the Lord. But if I were to summarize, it was a time for me to HEAL. :)  H alt . Indeed, I was able to stop and just rest in the Lord. Before leaving Manila, I have already told myself that this retreat will be all about Jesus ( Jesus Week nga e :D ). No emails, no texts, no calls. I

Thank You, Lord! :)

It has been a long and stressful day (the past three days have been lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng and stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssful), but You are just so amazing, Lord that I couldn't sleep without telling You how grateful I am. :) Thank You, Lord for the miracle that You did yesterday. Break even and more. :) Thank You, Lord for the laughter and stories shared during the post-mission meeting with Team Thailand. :) Team Thailand - Princesses from SFC Metro Manila :) Thank You, Lord for Lawrence. He is just the (almost) perfect man. He has his flaws, but they are acceptable; he makes mistakes, but they are all forgivable. There are a lot of men but there can never be anyone else. He's really the one. And You know it very well. :) ♥ Nemo. Love. ♥ Thank You, Lord for giving me strength and endurance each day. :) Thank You, Lord for the short but restful sleeps. :) Thank You, Lord for every waking moment and every opportunity that You give

The Holy Spirit*

*Cluster 4 Household Topic Reflections from John 15:26-16:4 True friendship is strengthened in adversity. Jesus offers His disciples the best and truest of friends. Who is this promised friend?  Jesus calls the Holy Spirit our Counselor and Advocate (also translated Paraclete or Helper). Counselor is a legal term for the one who will defend someone against an adversary and who guides that person during the ordeal of trial. The Holy Spirit is our Advocate and Helper who brings us safely through the challenges and adversities we must face in this life. As Jesus approaches the hour that He was to be glorified - through His death on the cross and His resurrection - He revealed more fully to His disciples the person and the role of the Holy Spirit. What does Jesus tell us about the Holy Spirit?  First, the Holy Spirit is inseparably one with the Father and the Son. It is the Holy Spirit who gives life - the very life of God - and who kindles faith in hearts receptive

Interesting Facts Courtesy of Celebrity Bluff :)

I was writing a different post, but Celebrity Bluff  is just so fun and informative, I had to stop from blogging to list down the fun facts that I learn from each round. :)  Thought it would be nice to share them here as well. For future reference. :D  Q: In 2012, what kind of animal was named after Beyonce? A: Horse Fly Q: What rare job in China will pay you US$50,000 a year?  A: Fart Smeller Q: What alcoholic drink literally means "water of life"? A: Whisky   Q: In which part of the body can you find the tragus? A: Ear Q: According to Merriam-Webster, what is the female equivalent of dude? A: Dudine Q: What is longer in the male turtles than in the females?  A: Nails And the final question is... Q:  According to Box Office Mojo   what are the top four (4) movies of 2013 according to global profit? A: (1) Iron Man 3, (2) Despicable Me 2, (3) Fast and the Furious 6 (4) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire That's all