Skip to main content

Two: Remembering God's Greatness

"The path to holiness is to remember...
... that He will restore us
... that He will bring healing in our community
... that He is a great God."

These words were boldly proclaimed by Kuya Noli Manuel during the first session ("Great God") of the CFC-Singles for Christ 19th International Conference held in Tagbilaran last week. In his talk, he discussed about God's faithfulness throughout the years, showcasing the previous conferences and the past issues that the community bravely faced and victoriously overcame through God's grace. It was also during this session when a video presentation of SFC members declaring they have a great God was shown. I couldn't help but also be reminded of God's greatness in my life. And I need not look far.

Today, let me remember God's greatness during that ICon weekend. :)

On February 16, I went home from work at around lunch time. By "work" I mean the part-time job that I have at Island Rose. I left Splash in January and I didn't have a regular job since then. Do I regret leaving Splash? Not really. Because I know God has something great in store for me. I just need to wait. And as I wait, I have to maximize all my talents and use them not just to honor God but to earn a living as well. :) Was I worried about the ICon? Admittedly, YES. More than anything else, I was worried that I won't have enough funds. I haven't been earning decently since December 28, 2011. I haven't received my back pay yet. And my allowance in Island Rose and in my other freelance jobs were not yet released. But when I got home that afternoon, Mama gave me a good sum of money which came from a neighbor who asked for my help in writing articles about her company and her recent project. That sum was more than enough to settle all my ICon expenses (transportation and accommodation) and to pay for the debts I incurred. Great God He is! :)

We flew to Cebu that Thursday evening (from there we would take the ferry to Tagbilaran) and our original plan was to just spend the night at the airport. But God is great He wanted to give us a comfortable place to stay. My high school sister, Rona, has an aunt in Cebu who was kind enough to offer us her place. We were fetched at the Laguna Gardens of Ayala Terraces and we were brought to a very beautiful home on top of a hill overlooking Cebu City. It was just awesome and we couldn't thank God enough for His very pleasant surprise. I'll be posting the photos as soon as I get them from Ate Chie. :)

We arrived in Bohol on February 17 and because it was Rona's first time to visit the place, we accompanied her to a sumptuous buffet cruise at the famous Loboc River.We then headed straight to C. P. Garcia Sports Complex, the main site of the conference, and the next three days were, well, ICon days. :)

(Here are the highlights of the conference: http://sfcglobal.org/news_details.aspx?id=275)

Fast forward to February 19. We went back to Constrell Pension House to fix our things. We were supposed to transfer to Tito Joe's residence and stay there until the 20th. But God had other plans. Tito Leo and Tita Lorna decided to let us stay with them at Constrell (for free! :D). They also treated us for dinner at STK. :) On February 20, we flew back to Manila and we got a free ride home courtesy of Jaz. :)

Looking back, it's just amazing how God reveals His greatness and generosity even in the simplest things. We just need to open our eyes, our hearts, and our minds for us to appreciate the blessings He showers us with each and everyday. We live great lives because we have a great God! :)

The sharers in the video shown during Kuya Noli's talk ended their testimonies with this statement: "I am SFC. I have a great God."

I believe God's love and blessings abounds even outside the community, His greatness can be experienced by anyone (if only we allow Him to be God), anytime, anywhere.

And so, I'll end my sharing with this: I AM AIZA. I HAVE A GREAT GOD! :)

Loboc River Cruise with Lawrence and Ron. :)

Listen to the official conference song, Great God, and be inspired. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Lupang Hinirang

Every Filipino knows Lupang Hinirang (though some know it better as " Bayang Magiliw "). How can you not know it when it is the national anthem of the Philippines? But do we really mean the lyrics that we sing? Do we understand it in the first place?  Photo Credit:  http://diazi.ism-online.org This video has gone viral weeks ago. This afternoon, I shared it to my teammates, and one commented, "Yun pala yun . Ngayon ko lang naintindihan."   He immediately downloaded it and converted to MP3.   So for those who have not seen it, once again, here is Joey Ayala's version of Lupang Hinirang. And I agree, you would never want to sing it in another way. (But that's just me. :D) This rendition is simply beautiful. Truly Filipino. :) Of course that doesn't mean we need to revise our national anthem but maybe we can consider about correcting the way we sing it (read: proper pronunciation). Read more about the Philippine National Anthem here .

Jesus Week 2015: A Time To HEAL ♥

I had the best, most meaningful HOLY WEEK ever, so far (the best is yet to come!). :) Thanks to Joy who shared the Jesus Week poster on Facebook. It was God's personal invitation, and I couldn't thank Him enough for the grace that He also gave me to respond. Everything is grace. It was not just my personal decision to join. It was God's grace that allowed me to.  So how did it go? Well, as what I have told my friends, it was amazingly beautiful! The experience was priceless! On Holy Monday, I posted Fr. Jerry Orbos' acronym for HOLY WEEK . I experienced all of that and more! :)  I won't be able to share everything as there is just a lot of personal, intimate encounters with the Lord. But if I were to summarize, it was a time for me to HEAL. :)  H alt . Indeed, I was able to stop and just rest in the Lord. Before leaving Manila, I have already told myself that this retreat will be all about Jesus ( Jesus Week nga e :D ). No emails, no texts, no calls. I

Thank You, Lord! :)

It has been a long and stressful day (the past three days have been lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng and stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssful), but You are just so amazing, Lord that I couldn't sleep without telling You how grateful I am. :) Thank You, Lord for the miracle that You did yesterday. Break even and more. :) Thank You, Lord for the laughter and stories shared during the post-mission meeting with Team Thailand. :) Team Thailand - Princesses from SFC Metro Manila :) Thank You, Lord for Lawrence. He is just the (almost) perfect man. He has his flaws, but they are acceptable; he makes mistakes, but they are all forgivable. There are a lot of men but there can never be anyone else. He's really the one. And You know it very well. :) ♥ Nemo. Love. ♥ Thank You, Lord for giving me strength and endurance each day. :) Thank You, Lord for the short but restful sleeps. :) Thank You, Lord for every waking moment and every opportunity that You give

The Holy Spirit*

*Cluster 4 Household Topic Reflections from John 15:26-16:4 True friendship is strengthened in adversity. Jesus offers His disciples the best and truest of friends. Who is this promised friend?  Jesus calls the Holy Spirit our Counselor and Advocate (also translated Paraclete or Helper). Counselor is a legal term for the one who will defend someone against an adversary and who guides that person during the ordeal of trial. The Holy Spirit is our Advocate and Helper who brings us safely through the challenges and adversities we must face in this life. As Jesus approaches the hour that He was to be glorified - through His death on the cross and His resurrection - He revealed more fully to His disciples the person and the role of the Holy Spirit. What does Jesus tell us about the Holy Spirit?  First, the Holy Spirit is inseparably one with the Father and the Son. It is the Holy Spirit who gives life - the very life of God - and who kindles faith in hearts receptive

Interesting Facts Courtesy of Celebrity Bluff :)

I was writing a different post, but Celebrity Bluff  is just so fun and informative, I had to stop from blogging to list down the fun facts that I learn from each round. :)  Thought it would be nice to share them here as well. For future reference. :D  Q: In 2012, what kind of animal was named after Beyonce? A: Horse Fly Q: What rare job in China will pay you US$50,000 a year?  A: Fart Smeller Q: What alcoholic drink literally means "water of life"? A: Whisky   Q: In which part of the body can you find the tragus? A: Ear Q: According to Merriam-Webster, what is the female equivalent of dude? A: Dudine Q: What is longer in the male turtles than in the females?  A: Nails And the final question is... Q:  According to Box Office Mojo   what are the top four (4) movies of 2013 according to global profit? A: (1) Iron Man 3, (2) Despicable Me 2, (3) Fast and the Furious 6 (4) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire That's all