I just turned 25 last Saturday, and if Lawrence listed 25 (and more) reasons why he loves me, I also have a list of 25 things and people I am most grateful for as another year is added to my beautiful life. :) Read and be blessed. :)
Let’s start with the tangible ones (these I got for free on the week of my birthday):
1. Nuderm Gift Pack from DermClininc.
2. Belle De Jour 2012 Power Planner.
3. Athena Milk for Women, Carbtrim, and a whole lot more from the BDJ Fair.
4. Premiere Tickets to Polarity, Pole Cats Manila’s 2nd Anniversary Concert.
5. Goldilocks Treat from Ate Gems.
6. Son of Neptune Gift Pack from National Book Store.
7. Product samples from Splash.
8. Backpack from Time Magazine.
And now, the intangible ones:
9. My wonderful parents who have been very supportive of my endeavors, and a very loving brother who stood by me through thick and thin. My family isn't perfect yet, but we're close to being that.
10. My beautiful friends who believed in me and inspired me to do more than I thought I could.
11. My community which helps me become a better Christian and makes me experience Christ to the fullest.
12. My sources of income through which I support my family and my mission.
13. My share of heartaches, past relationships, and failures which made me stronger and wiser.
14. The opportunities given to me to proclaim God’s greatness through music, writing, and speaking engagements.
15. My husband-material partner who is not just a friend and a lover but also a brother, a travel buddy, a mission & prayer partner, a playmate, a one-man cheering squad, a shoulder to cry on, a mentor, and a whole lot more. He has taught me a lot about love and life and he is a living proof that truly love is not only having positive feelings, not self-seeking, not manipulative, not always saying “yes,” but is rather free, total, faithful, and fruitful. (CLP Talk 6 and TOB). He made me appreciate even the simplest things done with real effort. He supports my dreams and motivates me to pursue my passion and be the best that I can be. He has also influenced me to live a simple life because through him I realized that I don’t really need a lot of material possessions to be happy. ♥
|I have more than 25 reasons why I love you. :) And the first and the greatest is, you are YOU. :)|
16. My healthier body and stronger immune system. Unlike in the previous years, I rarely visit my doctor now. And when I do, I only consult about minor illnesses such as flu and migraine.
And to the following people who have played an important role in the past 25 years of my life:
17. My mentors (from kinder to college).
18. My brothers and sisters in SFC, and titos and titas in CFC.
19. Campus Girls, III-1 Deps, Westlife Sisters, Tweet2, De Castro Babies, Fellow Rizalians, Batchmates, Blockmates, Schoolmates, College Friends, Qartas and SC Families, Mae Hilado and Tin Trajano, Ronald Fabie, and Colleagues.
20. SFC Chorale Manila, Teacher Rivah, Mrs. Tejada, and my former choirmates.
21. Exes, crushes, and past suitors. :D
22. The people I have served: GK SAGIP and SIGA, Cornerstone Students, Lower Household Members, etc. The people who prayed for me and those I am praying for.
23. The priests to whom I confessed and on whose masses I attended, Sr. Weng, Fr. Joel, Bo Sanchez, and all other religious leaders and preachers who helped me grow spiritually.
24. Lopez, Martinete, Garnica, and Fernandez families, and all the families which accepted me as their own.
25. Life itself. :)
One thing I realized as I make this gratitude list is the fact that I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly have a lot to be thankful for. I haven’t included in my list the basic necessities – food, shelter, and clothing – that I enjoy, and the knowledge and wisdom that I gained through time. Truly, I am blessed. We all are! We just have to count our blessings, big and small, focusing on what God has given us and not what we lack. Every day of our lives, God is showering us with blessings upon blessings, upon blessings. We just need to open our eyes to see and be able to appreciate them.
The God of all grace has been providing for me for the past 25 years. I know He will continue to provide in the next 25 years (and more) of my life. To everyone who greeted me on Facebook, via text, or call, thank you very much! And to all who have been part of my first 25 years, you will always be remembered and treasured. Thank you for allowing yourselves to be used by God to make me feel how much He loves and cares for me.
My life is truly amazing. Simply because I have an amazing God! :)
Think about your life, isn't it amazing too? :)